So having had a great time in Barcelona it was back to the real world... I had my team over from the US for the week and ended up having a busy week with work but I did squeeze in a visit to a very special 9 year old!!
Emily's Birthday coincided with a celebration to renew the Brownie promise at 20.10 on the 20th day of the 10th month of 2010.... Brownies is 100 years old. It was adorable to go and watch Em on this special day. Lucy and I even remembered the words to the promise too! Impressive given that we were in the brownies... a long time ago!!
Emily with Grandad - they share the same Birthday!
Friday night was fun... one of the lovely Evo girls Jo and I are thinking along the same lines... 2011 is going to be the year of a 70.3!! So we spent the evening discussing where we are going to do this....
After a lot of discussion and back and forth Provence has it! 25th September 2011 will be a 1.4mile swim.... a 56mile bike ride.... and then a 13mile run!! What am I thinking??
I'm excited - what a fantastic place to go to do this... and doing it with Jo will be great and a lot of laughter because she is just a bundle of laughter!!!
So after that discussion it was time to pour another glass of wine and talk about life and love again with lots of laughter!
I have to say there are a lot of people that I have met in Windsor, from Jennie next door to Kit, Jo, Vikki even getting to know Sally B again after a long time and I am very lucky to have so many new girlfriends in my life all of whom are really gorgeous, fun, life loving women! And then there are the boys.... Mark, Pete, James, Kerrin - they are all great great guys who I love spending time with and when I do I laugh so much and get the added bonus of hugs too.
So Saturday.... Sally G and I went to the spa! What a treat!!! Sally left Matt at home with Charlotte and we went off to the spa for a few hours and then had lunch and a big catch up!! Ok I know I am gushing but....How lovely to be able to meet friends so easily these day! Talking of doing that in the evening I went over to Pete and Emma's.... nearly via the river... damn sat nav does it not know when a forge turns into a river..... quivk about turn had to be made!! Anyway... different kind of catch up given that we spent the night talking about skiing and bikes... but lovely lovely nonetheless!!
I was planning to stay at P&E's but Terry had asked if him, Kate, Dan and Hannah could come and stay after a night in London.. so I got home and spent a couple of hours chatting to them! So cool to catch up with them! Just as Hannah and Dan were leaving Mum and Dad arrived.....
Yep my weekend was busy!! Really nice to spend the day with my family though and we had a great walk out to Dorney lake so i could show them where the Olympic rowing will be held in 2012 - gorgeous walk.
Ok.... so they are they highs but I did say I would speak of the lows... and I hit a big one on that Sunday night - I just wound myself up into a right state... I have this dream of being able to sit on my sofa and just say Wow my life is blessed look at all the people I have in my life and all the wonderful things I am able to do... and I want to say that without there being a BUT at the end of the sentance....
And because I can't do that I don't like sitting on my sofa... I don't like spending time with Jo thinking.... in fact I will avoid it at all costs and I know its not good for me! Things came to a head, there were lots of tears... and in the end a phonecall to Mum who said - I knew something wasn't right... I then breathed a sigh of relief and started talking! Another relief!!
So its time to spend a bit more time with Jo and with Mum too!
She says as she flew out to Boston.... Landed Monday night flew home Thursday night... the work thing I didn't really get but I got a lot done! I saw Denice and Padma and had a lovely (but too short!) catch up with both of them.... always good for my health!! And yet again I wondered at how I managed to live there for so long living the life I did!!
So all in all October was another great month!! And now we are into November.... Where is this year going??

No comments:
Post a Comment