Ok sorry I've been rubbish... I just haven't felt like blogging really!
So January..... 2 words sum it up really Biking and Baking!
January was a struggle.. not gonna lie... I wasn't the happiest of people! I just couldn't really see what would be WOW about this year... on reflection now that seems like a horrendously ridiculous state of being because life is an amazing gift and should be lived to the fullest but I wasn't in that space... I just looked at my life and was like ummm is this it.... work, triathlons and time with friends and family... ok thats good but is that it... don't get me wrong I am REALLY happy that I am at home in the UK and surrounded by friends and family who I adore spending time with doing so many fun things with but I guess I was just looking at life thinking ok.... so what is going to be different at the end of this year vs now... It will be interesting to see I guess but you know me... I like a plan, I like having something to aim for and somehow a 70.3 wasn't cutting it... (that's a half ironman for those not in the know!)!
Soit was quite amusing to me when on January 4th having spent the first few days of the year pondering the year ahead and wondering what I could / would do I was offered a place in The London Marathon..... didn't really have a good excise to turn it down....
So that was Tuesday.... then on Thursday I went to see the physio because my hip had been really really sore since skiing.... he said - don't run..... ummmm not the right answer....
To cut a long story short.... the dark days of January really weren't made any easier by not being able to be able to run... at all!!!! Biking - whilst I love it just isn't running!
There were moments of happiness though... as always the kids made me smile! I went to see Susie, Hamish, Polly and Mima and when i knocked on the door I was met by Jemima saying 'I'm answering the door because Aunty Jo is my God Mummy!' How cute?!?! It was a lovely evening and day of playing Aunty JoJo!
Teh other good thing about January was a new found love of baking... there I was watching tv one night and I saw this program about baking cakes... so I got baking! My next door neighbour and other Windsor friends now keep asking me... what cake are you making this week Jo!! I have to say I am really enjoy not only the relaxation I get from the baking but also (of course!) the eating and the sharing with friends and family!
So that was January - a big low... a big reflective month.... glad its over and also glad I have great friends.... oh and a therapist - did you ever think I would say that Denise!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment