Saturday, October 2, 2010

Highlights from April

In April I moved to Windsor!  I had found my house in February and was very excited about moving in!

Mum and Dad were a great help! Gosh its nice to have them so close!

Here's my house!







And now the unpacked version!



My first weekend was exactly how I wanted it to be - with my house full of friends! Mum and Dad left, Keith arrived. Keith left and I went out for Sophie's Birthday and then home to my first night in the house on my own... home sweet home!  Ailsa arrived on Saturday morning and then Damian and Hazel in the evening - what a great catch up!!

Ailsa having lunch in the garden!

Drinking the wine from Chile... Happy Memories of drinking it with my Australian friends in Patagonia!

Fun catch up with the old Geneva gang!


The next 2 weeks were VERY chilled! Basically I nested!  And visited people and joined the tri club!  Oh and I saw Price Phillip in Windsor Great Park - my local park!


Ailsa in Windsor Great Park

Ailsa and Franco come for the first BBQ of the season - it was great to get THE beast working!!

Here are the gorgeous Jones family who now live 1hr 15 away!



And the lovely Clifford Browns who live 1hr 20 away!

Ok so by now you are all bored of hearing about the tri club but here's how it started!  As you know I need somewhere to run/walk/escape to!  And Windsor with its Great Park is perfect!!  At the end of my road is also a leisure centre and it was here that I met Mark - whilst I was trying to get my trainers on and he decided to take the piss - and there started a great friendship and a lot of banter and a new nickname Jo Shoes! Mark is one of the tri club coaches and convinced me to join Evolution!  And since then I have met some great friends and I seem to exercise a silly amount and laugh alot whilst doing it!

And finally I started back to work..... its ok.... its balanced! I don't do crazy hours, I don't have a crackberry.... its cool!!

So a GREAT month...  Did I miss America.... No... did I miss my friends in America - YES!!! Was I missing my new friends that I met on my trip to Patagonia... YES.... very much!  But was I glad to be home.... SO SO SO glad - this is home.... maybe not forever but for a long while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment