So Barcelona is looming... if only it was a girls weekend away... but its not its an olympic triathlon! 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike and then a 6mile run....
In order to practice the swim I invited some of the Evo gang to do a practice swim at Calshot with Mum and Dad providing the coffee and doughnuts!
It was a really fun morning even it was pretty cold at first in the water!!
After the swim it was back to Mum and Dad's for a lovely chilled day and a family meal... its so lovely to be able to go home so easily!
Sunday started with a run to the beach and then it was off to help out Layla and with the gorgeous Imogen, Barney and Oscar! Daddy was away on a golf weekend so it was lovely to be able to go and help out Layla with them all and get some cuddles!! On the way home I popped in to see Family Jones - they didn't know I was coming so the sound of them shouting Aunty Jo was very loud....and brilliant!
It was just the weekend I needed after a disappointing week the week before... some things you know are right but the disappointment is still there!
The week after was another busy week but at the end of it I was shattered and had a scratchy throat... a weekend of being chilled was definitely in order! Friday night spinning and then off to the pub was a relaxing start, then lunch with Jennie next door - which was REALLY really lovely and very inspirational! Then you know what I had some MUCH needed Jo time... gosh it was lovely!!
Didn't really bank on it being quite so much me time but the scratchy throat turned into a cold.... not ideal before going to Barcelona...
Its quite rubbish being sick this week and I'm definitely having a low... all will be fine when I get to Barcelona and get this race over with! Think Miss Jo is tired!! Oh and bored of watching TV and not being sociable! How do people do this all the time??
No comments:
Post a Comment