August ended and September started in Croatia! 6 girls flew into Split and island hopped through Hvar, and Korcula and a few others and flew home from Dubrovnik! It was a really fun fun trip and Croatia is stunning!! We ate well, we drank well especially on a couple of nights.... not sure I need to see a Zambuca any time soon! We laughed, we talked alot and we had a really really lovely time!!
The best bit about Croatia was coming home! I don't mean that I didn't have a good time I had a great time but it was really lovely to come home to Windsor.... to my friends who were texting and asking when we were meeting up for drinks, running, biking, swimming!! I am REALLY glad I moved to Windsor - its not only a beautiful town but also its full of fun loving people who live life to the fullest!
Kerrin and I had been chatting one day about The Proms and how we both love it! Suddenly I had been nominated to have a Last Night of The Proms Party!! The pictures speak for themselves!!!
The following evening was incredibly cultured... we went to watch Don Pesquale at The Royal Opera House... my first opera! Amazing!!
Last minute plan saw me heading to Boston for a flying visit for 3 days! It was a GREAT trip! Lovely to catch up with friends and really lovely to appreciate Boston for the incredible place that it is and to put it into my heart as a very special place!
Photos from my dawn run! Making the most of the jetlag advantages!
I arrived back home on the Friday morning and decorated my bedroom! It was a yukky beige colour and so I painted it white! And eventually I will have a big picture on it when one of my Aussie friends sends it to me!! I also did a team triathlon which was great fun and it was my first race at Dorney lake - it was a tad chilly but as usual the Evo crew were there cheering us on so that kept us going!!
September ended with a wedding and a girls night and a half marathon!
Damian and Nat got married on the Friday and what a great event it was! Always lovely to see friends getting married and this time it was made even better by Chris Waite being there... wow 7 years with no sightings and there he was same as he always was.. Brilliant party dancing away to all the old classics from our uni days!
Saturday day was chilled and then Carla arrived from Geneva so Ailsa joined us and we had a lovely lovely catch up... wish we could do that more often!!
Then Sunday arrived - and the Windsor half marathon!! Perfect running day and wowses Windsor got busy!! 5000 people were racing! It was a great event and we all did cracking times!! I was really pleased with my 1.44.50!
So into October we go... Barcelona is looming fast!!


























No comments:
Post a Comment