Ok so here we go.......
January 1st was day one of training and as Paul (my coach) said "Every session counts" so off for a run I duely went! I was in a really good mood and you know 9am on New Year's Day is a great time to run - it was so quiet!! I posted on twitter that I was feeling virtuous - Soph you were right a better word for it was smug!!
I had a lovely run but need to see the osteopath to get a few bones put back into the right place after a few skiing crashes!! But day one of training - not too bad!!
Day one of New Year's resolution not bad too - lovely walk up to the pub with Jo, Amy and Jennie for a fab lunch and tons of giggling! Just lovely!!
January 2nd... bike ride! Wow what a lovely day for a bike ride! A few of the Evo crowd went out today and it was just a gorgeously sunny ride over a great route!! I love days like today on the bike... but blimey do I have some work to do.... 9hours on the bike sounds like a big ordeal at the moment!! Need to train hard for this!!!!
January 3rd.... back to work!!! I was actually quite excited about going back to work - last year I was bored and seriously thinking its time for a new job - luckily someone changed my job so now I have a new one so new job without the hassle of having to leave the company and write a cv.... although I know that is on my 2012 resolution list!! Anyway started the day with a Mark style spinning session which was (fun!??!) and then went to work.... it was crazy busy....... so much for finishing off the remaining chocolates and easing in gradually - No chance!!! Just managed to escape at 6 for my pilates session!!
If there is one session I cannot drop in the next 7 months it is Pilates - I really feel that I have missed it in the last few months so its good to be back although my glutes and stomach muscles didn't think so at the time!
And just to round the evening off I went for a swim.... Pete had volunteered to give me and Paul a lesson as we need some help.... I spent an hour on my extension -ie driving my hands forward as they go into the water.....!! This could be a long process!!!
Wednesday morning I woke up feeling quite rubbish - full of a cold :( woe is me! Berocca and Vicks were consumed in vast quantities but had to admit defeat and skip training.... running hills in the rain not ideal really! And this is where I really should have listened to little Jo.... but instead of getting an early night I decided to keep going and meet up with a friend for a drink (IMA not taking over life!) - it was a lovely evening and I stayed on water but paid for it later in the week!
Having not really slept much on Wednesday night I decided that swimming was a good idea.... so 6.30am saw me getting in the pool at Hillingdon and completing my 2km set before work! I loved this swim... it felt really good stroke wise and was just a very nice way to start the day! Not sure it helped the cold though... it definately brought it out!! Thursday night..... shattered (are we surprised?!) so sofa and an early night!
If you asked me to rank the triathlon disciplines in order of favourite at the moment I would say run, swim, bike..... will be interesting to see what I say at the end - I think swimming could hit the favourite spot!!
Friday night I decided to get another swim in - it was definately favourite sport this week! Pete and I headed to the pool and I thought I was doing well - even got a compliment from Pete... but this man kept tickling my toes in the pool... not for fun either but in a get out of my way angry mode! Anyway with reluctance I moved to the medium lane :( great swim though and eye candy alert in the pool!! Ladies don't search the bars of Windsor for hot totty go to Windsor Leisure Centre!!
Friday night I had a cheese fest - LUSH!! I had bought back a load of cheese from the ski trip so had a friend over and ploughed our way through it over a bottle of wine and a lot of chat! Lovely Friday night!!
So now we come to Saturday........ today.... and I smile as I write this thinking... ummmmmm yes its all quite clear isnt it!! I woke up this morning at 9 - went for a run and did my strength work and then thought Im tired I think I will just have a quick nap!! 3 hours later I woke up!!
So lesson from week 1.... I don't want IMA to take over my life BUT equally I have to when not feeling 100% STOP and REST!!!
Right on that note - back to the sofa I go!! Why do I feel like I am being lazy? Planned hours training = 12 Actual = 10.5 not bad for a week with a cold!! Doh!
No comments:
Post a Comment