Sunday, January 15, 2012

Well that was a week!!

Its Sunday night and I'm on the sofa chilling.... and its needed...

That was a week and a half... in every every way!

Training was good.... I had a few wow moments
 - Wednesday's run with Pete was funny... I was on a mission to settle the debate about my heart rate... So I did two sprints in a 5 mile fast run... got the HR up to 161 which was 88% and thats a highest ever!  I now know how to get there... its not pretty but it actually felt good!! Told Mark... that wasnt my smartest move... I could regret that in spinning in the future!

 - Thursday's turbo... so everyone talks about turbo ie getting on your bike in yor living room or garage or somewhere indoors! So I had everything set up and I was ready to go so off I went! Ummmm 5 mins later I was like ok lets try that with the TV on.... yeah no thats dull too - downloaded a spin set from itunes and manned up.... 45mins later I was done!  Lessons learnt 1) need to sort out my set up as bike felt wonky 2) need to find something to make it less dull..... Oh roll along a twitter about a downloadable set from Chrissie Wellington...actually looking forward to my turbo next week!!

 - Saturday's run..... I LOVE where I live! It was the coldest day of the year so far, thr ground was covered in frost.... and Windsor Great Park just looked beautiful!! It was a day to think WOW I love where I live and the fact that I am fit and healthy enough to be doing this! Grateful!!

 - Sunday's bike ride... basically see above about the run!!  Not gonna lie though did have a what the hell am i doing this for moment as I was under my duvet knowing it was freezing outside!!! July 1st...

So a good week of training but a tough emotional week and I need to recognise how exhausting the emotional stuff is.... this week as agreed with a certain next door Jennie... its about Little Jo and making sure she is looked after... rest.... food.... simple things really!!

No comments:

Post a Comment