2012....I am excited about!!
Gosh how different the start of this year feels to the start of last year... There are numerous reasons for this... namely I feel way more settled and sure that the UK is where I want to be and I love Windsor being my home, so much so that I bought a home... and as I sit here writing this in front of my open fire in my cosy lounge I feel really at home! The friends I have here are brilliant and we had some really fun times in Windsor and far away too! The friends I have from days gone by are close enough to see whenever I want too which is wonderful! Life is good and although there are days when I don't feel that and I want other things in my life (gorgeous man and kids - just in case you were wondering!!) I am truely blessed to be living the life I live....!!
So 2012..... well as I found out with Jo and Amy on NYE I have a few New Year's resolutions.... but the biggest is to not let Ironman Austria take over my life!!
Ironman Austria.... Yikes!!! July 1st 2012... Klagenfurt, Austria!!
Back in July a few of us did something amazing/foolish/exciting.... (insert words as you feel fit!!) we signed up for an IronMan..... for the record this is a long distance triathlon..... and will see me swimming 2.4 miles in open water, cycling 112miles and then running a marathon.....
To date I have completed 5 sprint triathlons, 3 olympics and 1 half ironman.... and I have been doing this for only 18months.... however I love it!! I love being part of a club (Evolution) I love all the friends I have made through this club and I also love being fit and healthy and of course the endorphins are pretty cool too!
Having seen my wonderfully amazing and inspirational friend Sophie complete her Ironman in Mexico (well I wasn't there but I wish I had been!) the seed was well and truely planted and I knew (just as I knew after my first half marathon that I would run a marathon...) that I would be signing up to do an Ironman.... so which one.... clearly it has to involve travelling somewhere because its got to have some benefits!!
IM Austria (IMA) is a really popular event and relatively close, flat (ish!) and has an incredible atmosphere.... so that is the race of choice...... July 1st 2012 I hope to hear the words "Joanne Shearsmith.... you are an IRONMAN!!" Having seen the footage of the World Champs in Kona this year and getting goosebumps I feeling the fear, the excitement, the pain of this statement....
One thing I am very concious of is that IMA doesn't take over my life.... I know it will... but I want to still socialise and be there for friends and family as needed to chat with, laugh with, cry with and of course and eat and drink with.... probably a glass vs bottle this year though, explore parts of the UK and the world that I haven't seen yet and generally have fun and not just become totally one dimensional!! So dearly amazing friends and family.... I am asking for your support.... you are hereby entitled to get me talking about interesting things that have nothing to do with IMA, I would love to hear the words, can I come round for dinner and a catch up or even better - let me cook you dinner tonight Jo :)
As we all know.... life is a journey... its a roller coaster.... we have to enjoy the ups and downs.... and I know that the next 7 months will hold lots of ups and downs as I journey across the miles of training in the pools and lakes and on the roads and I am excited about it but I am also excited about all the other things that are going to happen this year and I can't wait to find out what they are...!!
So wonderful supporters.... I know you all think I am mad but actually you thought that before I signed up for IMA!! Thank you in advance for your support.... its going to be fun!! And on that note... I am off for a run!!
TONS of love xxxx
So glad you are doing the blog again and have a feeling 2012 is going to be a fab year for you. You are totally right about the one dimensional thing. Ironman is massive but the prize is all the sweeter if you do it as part of an already action-packed life.
ReplyDeleteGo girlie!!
Love
Soph
X
Yeah! Your blog gets me exicted about the year ahead - for you, for me, for everyone. Look forward to rolling it with you! xxx
ReplyDelete